Sunday, July 3, 2011

4th of July

Brighton Beach, Brooklyn

Yes, that's us in the photo, yesterday at the beach! Having a great time, but when I'm taking the photo I often forget to smile! It was the first time we stayed at the beach for 4 hours! And we got sunburned. But after 2 hours my son was warming up to the ocean, dancing around on the beach and pretending to be the man selling hot corn on the cob, so I couldn't leave. It was great. I love living near a beach. 

When I was in the midst of my divorce, I wanted to escape and move to the beach. I was thinking somewhere further away, more remote, with grey waters (it was winter) and no cars or other people. Just me, the sad sound of the sea gulls, some deer and pine trees growing in sand. But you know what, I live near the beach, so I guess I am already living my fantasy, just with lots of cars, people and glass on the beach! There are even fireworks every Friday night, not just on the 4th of July! 

Happy Weekend everyone!
XO Single Momista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Thank you for reading my blog. Please post a comment if you care to join the discussion. XO Single Momista