Friday, July 22, 2011

The In-Between State

Hello,


It's so hot that I can not even think (& I don't know what's going on with this font today). Anyway, just to stay in touch (in 100 degree weather) I'm posting this quote I found by Pema Chodron that is very apropos for my blog :

Life is a good teacher and a good friend. Things are  always in transition, if we could only realize it. Nothing ever sums itself up in the way that we like to dream about. The off-center, in-between state is an ideal situation, a situation in which we don’t get caught and we can open our hearts and minds beyond limit. It’s a very tender, nonaggressive, open-ended state of affairs.


She survived two divorces, and when her two children were teenagers she became the first American woman to be ordained as Buddhist nun. She found looking at her pain/suffering more useful than escaping it. A very bold move!


Also, in lieu of the heat, here is a pic of the refreshing fruit pops I am making this summer:  


recipe is in Everyday Food, Martha Stewart


Stay cool & true to yourself!
XO Single Momista

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just found your blog via the Daily Worth website and it's so wonderful to see! I am enjoying reading about your life, challenges and triumphs. I am a singlemomista too for over 2 yrs. now. I love your picture at the beach, such a pretty woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie,
    Thank you so much for your comment! Im glad another Single Momista is reading my story! Do you have a blog as well? Warmly, S.M.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Thank you for reading my blog. Please post a comment if you care to join the discussion. XO Single Momista