Saturday, September 3, 2011

Wedding anniversary


OMG What was I thinking when I marked what feels like every national holiday with an emotionally loaded celebration such as my wedding, marriage engagement or some other memory related to my late relationship? Even my son's birth- same date as my ex husband's birthday! If we could have only waited four more hours for the Cesarean...

My ex and I had decided to get married over the Labor Day weekend so we would always have several days off around our wedding anniversary. And here it is again, Sept 3! Last year I had a party at my house to get me through the actual wedding day. And now I am up in MA with my child wondering if I should just stay up here or return to Brooklyn as originally planned...

me looking very Ukrainian on a farm

& then my LA/film director look

my favorite- dill!

my sidekick & me

inside our "pick your own" basket

I decided to come back to Brooklyn. My son hadn't seen his Dad in eleven days and today started his Dad's weekend. I hadn't even remembered it was my wedding anniversary until it was right on top of me. But when I did remember, I was unsure of how to feel. Sad, weird, betrayed, happy, peaceful? Then a smart friend of mine told me: You can keep going down the same road, remembering the past, being sad for three days around Labor day weekend, or you can Choose A Different Way!! So we raced to the train early this morning and here I am, back home at the beginning of a long weekend, with chocolate ice cream, a fennel and sunflower seed baguette, my blog and a list of Taking Care of Me plans:

1. Photo shoot tomorrow morning for my yoga website
2. Haircut & color
3. Pedicure in a salon
4. Yoga class
5. Envision my fall fashion (ha ha......I fell off my chair laughing)
6. Pay some bills (It feels so good to take care of payments when I have the money)
7. Call friends and maybe even see some in person

Take care & stay true to yourself!
XO
Single Momista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Thank you for reading my blog. Please post a comment if you care to join the discussion. XO Single Momista