Thursday, August 18, 2011

Alone Time

Hello people,

So my son is with his Dad for ten days! Yes, that's right, I have Ten Days Alone. I have not been this relaxed in four years! And as I write this, I am taking the train to visit an old friend for a couple days at the Jersey Shore. Never mind that thunderstorms are forecasted, I am going on an adventure with a book and a camera. Change of scenery and adult conversations, here I come!  WOW.

I am five days into my time alone. All you parents can live vicariously through me for a moment: My mornings have been very gentle. I wake up on my own and drink my tea like I used to back in the day- quietly, with the sunrise, not thinking about anything in particular, perhaps recalling my dreams from the night before....There is no little person trying to pull my leg (in all ways possible) for a six a.m. popsicle or lollipop...


Brooklyn sunrise


Morning tea at home


And now I'm at the Jersey Shore!


More to come tomorrow, when I will start a couple posts about how to share a bedroom with your young child, without being taken over by stuffed animals and plastic toys..
XO
Single Momista

1 comment:

Hello, Thank you for reading my blog. Please post a comment if you care to join the discussion. XO Single Momista